Grouse Season

L

lochbois

I usually go to Cow- Green Reservoir on the 12 August but my car is off the road. How is the grouse shooting season going?.
Is the weather favourable for the birds and the shooting in 2010.
I will hopefully get up to Teesdale soon when i get my car back on the road.
I fished cow-green for the first time in the late 70s and really love the place even if it can be horrible and wet and windy.
Its my Scotland for wild fish.
Dont think i will ever get the chance to shoot a Grouse in Teesdale but im happy just to be their these days:)PB

DAZ

The season is going well by all accounts - Plenty of birds on the ground.

I've got two days at them,next Friday and Saturday,can't wait :cool:

DAZ

L

lochbois

My cars just passed the test. Next i need to tax it then hopefully i can get to Teesdale and fish one of the reservoires and maybe try the Tees for the first time this season.
It will be windy on the fells today . Does that help you when the grouse are being driven.
Ive found shot birds that have dropped and not been picked up.:)PB

DAZ

It may be good in other parts of the country but,it certainly ain't on our moor :(
We done a little bit of the lower part of the moor on the friday and did'nt flush a bird,there were very little signs of any being there.Saturday was a little better on the higher ground and we all managed a few but,still very poor,I would expect to see alot more for the amount of ground we coverd.

DAZ

L

lochbois

Grouse and Trout

Grouse and Trout

I havnt been up to Teesdale yet.
I will have to go before the end of September. I love bogg trotting over the moor to the top of Cow-Green where the river Tees comes into the reservoir.
I usually put a few grouse up ,and their call is one of the joys to me of walking their.
Englands Last Wilderness:)PB