Foxy-Tails

foxy-Tails

Foxy-Tails are moving Fly Tying & Craft Listings
eBay have recently changed their pricing and selling policies.
We at Foxy-Tails have carefully considered the impact of these changes on us and our customers and decided that we need to make some changes to maintain our prices and search standing. We hope that all our loyal and valued customers will understand why we have had to make changes and continue to give us their valued support & custom.

Where you will find us:
As from the 5th of June we will be listing all our Fly Tying and Craft furs under a new section in our Foxy-Tails main eBay shop. It will take 4 weeks to consolidate all listings under this new section. Whilst the changeover is taking place …if you wish to purchase items listed in the 2 stores please do so and wait for us to send you a combined invoice and discount postage.
We look forward to welcoming you to Foxy-tails:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/foxy-tails

If you have any queries you can email us at;
sales@foxy-tails.co.uk

Thank you all for your valued support and custom.
Regards Sue

Simon

Just wanted to say that on winning fur from Foxy Tails, in the recent auction, I was absolutely delighted with the quality and quantity of the 120gm bag of mixed fur, received a day or so after the auction closed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Foxy Tails and I'll be using them in the future (though it might be a while before I need to place an order, what with the quantity I have and the speed I tie flies!)

Anyway thanks to Foxy Tails

Simon

B

bungle

Just wanted to say that on winning fur from Foxy Tails, in the recent auction, I was absolutely delighted with the quality and quantity of the 120gm bag of mixed fur, received a day or so after the auction closed.

I received mine at the same time:)
Must say i wasn't expecting the amount of fur that i received.:eek:
Its going to keep me busy at the vice for a very long time.:cool:

Thanks Foxy tails

Bungle

PS I think they gave me every colour that i will ever use as well.

foxy-Tails

Foxy Tails

Foxy Tails

Good Evening Gentlemen one and all...
Just a short note to say that at last I am getting back on form...I was sorry that i did not get to the Fly Fair this year...missed the joy of meeting you all again...
I sadly lost my Mum and it really knocked me sideways....

Work is progressing...the new website is up and running and hopefully by end of December will be fully loaded with all the new products. Ebay is now up to date...so its just catch up with the rest !!!

We have not been able to source any excellent Bucktails...the quality offered was dubious and not to Foxy Standards...

We have managed to get Boar Bristles...Nayat Hair and Cashmere Goat...the Goat, I am told is superb and great for the longerhaired flies...it is a Caucasian Goat. We also have increased our Arctic fox range of colours..

My Regards and Thanks to you all for your continued support..
Sue

annanangler

We have managed to get Boar Bristles...Nayat Hair and Cashmere Goat...the Goat, I am told is superb and great for the longerhaired flies...it is a Caucasian Goat. We also have increased our Arctic fox range of colours..
Thanks to Sue I have some of the Nayat hair and Cashmere Goat hair, its great for long winged flees like monkeys and the like ;)

S

silverinvicta

Foxy-colours

Foxy-colours

The new range of colours is very, very, nice...:D I particularily like the two blues... superb.

Si......:eek:

Ribblerod

foxy tails,
i use to shoot a lot of Fallow deer lovely fine hair on the tail great for salmon and saltwater flies but a bit long for smaller stuff. if your stuggling for bucktail have you thought of looking at fallow from UK stock?

foxy-Tails

Foxy-Tails Products Guide

Foxy-Tails Products Guide

As well as defining colours , we are trying to develop a product spec to help with the characteristics and quality of the various hairs and furs.

One of my customers...a Salmon Fly Tyer sent me the following..I thought it was a great start to defining our products so I decided to post in its entirety.
any additional comments always welcome.
Regards Sue

Product. Arctic marble fox.
Hair length. 90 mm

Uses Salmon,sea trout and steelhead flies. Tube flies dressed either traditional, Frodin, Shumakov, or templedog style up to 80mm wing or tail length. Any larger hairwing single, double and treble or the smaller hooks/tubes that require a longer wing. First class fox tail long and very mobile.Ideal for the Scandinavian style of fly dressing.

Type of fly fishing. Salmon,sea trout and steelhead sunk line and floating line.

Product. Arctic shadow fox.

Hair length. 70mm.

Uses. Salmon sea trout and steelhead flies. Tubes in all the various dressing styles, singles doubles and trebles all requiring a maximum wing or tail length of 60mm.Smaller hooks tubes that require a longer wing. Relatively soft with a fantastic sheen. Very good winging material.

Type of Fly fishing. Sunk and floating line fly fishing for salmon sea trout and steelhead.

Product. Arctic blue fox.

Hair length. 50mm

Uses. As per marble and shadow but with maximum wing length of 50mm. Ideal for low water doubles and trebles.

Type of Fly fishing. As before.

Note, A bonus of all three fox tails is the under fur. Save it as it makes very good dubbing for trout and sea trout flies, either on its own or mixed with either natural or synthetic dubbing.

Product. Raccoon dog.

Hair length. 100mm.

Uses. As per fox. But as it is quite long and has a natural curve to it, it makes it ideal not only as a hair dressed on its own but as and overwing to arctic fox thus giving a longer and more curved profile. A great hair with a good deal of mobility. Made for Scandinavian style of fly dressing.

Type of Fly fishing. As before.

Product. Fox body fur.

Hair Length. 50mm

Uses. A shortish fine very mobile hair suited to the sea trout fly and the trout fly as winging material. However if you make a zonker strip out of this body hair it makes excellent zonker and matuka patterns as well as tails for the likes of damsel flies.Very mobile in the water.

Type of Fly fishing. Sea trout and trout ( brown and rainbow) fly fishing. In still and running water. Anywhere you want that "flee wigglin to get thae troot jigglin."

Product. Nayat

Hair length 175mm

Uses. An ideal hair for those long winged salmon patterns such as tadpole, collie dog, sunray shadow. Also great for Scandinavian templedog dressings etc.in the larger patterns. Green highlander, Phatagorva as an example. Hair has a slight crinkle to it but is of good mobility and very easy to tie in.

Type of Fly fishing. Idealy suited to salmon fly fishing either with a floating or sunk line. But has great possibilities for the pike fly angler. A bunch of this hair with a bit of sparkle added would just be the thing.

Product. Cashmere Goat.

Hair length 160mm.

Uses At last a perfect match for Caucasian silver goat. At least I think so. Perfect for those Yuri Shumakov tubes, Frodin's tubes and any fly that you want to have transluscency and mobility. A hair that is much more mobile than polar bear, and as transluscent. Will make great collie dogs and sunray shadows. It seems a shame but even those pike fly fishers might take to it. I certainly is mobile enough for their needs but might not be robust enough.

Type of Fly fishing As per Nayat

Product Boar bristles.

Hair length. 70mm

Uses Perfect for pot bellied pigs and francis and any other shrimp or prawn pattern requires feelers. Another use for the bristle is as an addition to the long tail of someof the modern dressings such as cascade. There is a bonus with this material and that is the wool at the base of the bristle. This can be used in various colours as traditional body material in the salmon fly patterns.

Type of Fly fishing Salmon fly fishing with sunk and floating line. Could also be used on some of the more adventurous sea trout patterns.

Product Mink tails

Hair length 50mm

Uses A shorter finer hair ideally suited to the smaller salmon fly #6 - #10 and tubes 12mm - 25mm. Makes a very neat wing ideal for Dee and Spey low water flies. Due to the length its texture. Mink taile is also very suitable for sea trout flies such as hair wing watsons fancy, stuarts killer etc.

Type of fly fishing Salmon sea trout fly fishing and in a variety of traditional patterns hair wing butcher etc. trout fly fishingalso.

otisthedog

Bought some of the foxy-tails cashmere goat from Bob Wellard's new shop in Tavistock - best goat I've ever used (for want of a better phrase).... 'tis thuper :D

Waddington

Just received some hair that I ordered from Sue. As usual absolutely superb quality and value, with some cracking samples thrown in. I made a mess of the original order and Sue went to a lot of trouble to sort it out for me. Really excellent personal service that is becoming very rare these days. Can't imagine why anyone would buy from anywhere else!

The only problem if your skills are as limited as mine is doing justice to the materials!

Phil