Fowey

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
went out the night before last,full moon,tide up,falling spate.....lovely.However in a normal shocker incident I fell in the dark onto my injured right hand and passed out from the pain.Came to after an hour or so with a touch of hypothermia and had to spend yesterday in bed.The fishing?No real contacts,a brownie on a peach rubber wiggle tail that shook itself free
more shirking:D

airart

Same night

Same night

Hi Ya Shocker.
I went out on same night on the Fowey too,same as you,all I got was a small brownie,and never heard any sea trout jumping as I did the week before.
My accidents was getting caught up in the trees,so I left me rods dangling in them and picked them up on the way back,thats why I take 3 rods all set up
Mick

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
Just come back from a little scout around Trago....small pods of 20" fish,interspersed with their little hangers on,showing.....so the fish are in the river.I still have too much of a hand injury to do much about it though!:(

S

stump

A few pics of some Fowey fish in May this year,the fish with the white spot on his head would have easily tipped the scales over 10lb:eek:...

stump...

Arundell Arms

Awesome pics Stump!

Where on the river were these taken? A pal saw a pod of fish in that size bracket at Newbridge several weeks ago now... great to see them. Always seem to run straight through the bottom end where I fish.

AA

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Stump,

3 weeks and the boys will be there - for a week long session!!!!

I hope there'll be a few more in by then, but those biggies will be well up now, and have probably entertained the shoppers at Trago for a few days!

Hoppy:D

S

stump

AA,the pics were took at Wainsford in the 'Dirty water' pool...

stump...

frhugh

June Week

June Week

I had my annual week on the Fowey at Wainsford from 9-16th June.

Out of 9 anglers, only one blanked. Most of the fish were in the 2 -2.5lb class but on the very last night I caught a nice fresh fish of 5.5lb, my biggest ever sea trout. I caught it on one of Ian Finlayas's black snakes, so thanks for that Ian!
I caught three for the whole week, although we did see some very big fish in Dirty Water Pool, and the River Warlaggan.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the fish i had from the Fowey.

God i look old in this pic:eek:

Hoppy

S

stump

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm the Fowey:D:D...

Maybe next season again for a week:cool:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's something about that river and the fish in it:p...

stump...

luap

Has the recent rain brought in a run of salmon up the Fowey and where have they got to? Also can tickets still be purchased from the pet shop in Liskeard?
Thanks. Any info much appreciated.:confused: