Ferrreting.

tote

On Tuesday my son Dylan cycled a 10 mile round to do a bit of ferreting, he left the house at 10.30am and returned at 5.30pm. He put the gear and the ferrets away and walked into the house and said to me "that's it dad they're your ferrets now" :eek:

Obviously he didn't have to tell me he blanked. :rolleyes: He was told he wasn't the first to blank and wouldn't be the last, he was also told that he took on the job of supplying a hotel with rabbits so he'd have to continue.

Today my other son Declan and I were going to watch his old team playing on the outskirts of Dumfries, I told Dylan that there were rabbits in the fields right next to the pitch which I have the permission on so he decided to give it a go.

Declan and I watched the game then after it finnished we went over to see how Dylan was getting on and to give him a hand to do a few more buries. We ended the session with 8 big healthy rabbits which Dylan is still out in the back garden skinning even though the temperature is zero degrees, so it seems that he's back in the groove.

A few pics from today taken with a camera phone.

Not hard to work out which brother is the footballer and which is the ferreter. lol

End of session pic, who told him to stand to attention. ;)

S

silverinvicta

Hehe, that takes me back a few years..only we never had permission :eek: .... :D

Nice one Tote...

Si....

Aled

Cracking pics there Tote, love to see youngsters getting invovled with fieldsports.
Cheers
Aled

SALAR

I had a couple of hours with some young stock this morning,a nice day to be out...

stump...

xl50

I loved ferreting. A cold crisp frosty morning would see the bolting good style. Out of interest I noticed that if a wind was blowing at the warren they werent interested, did anyone else find this?

tote

I loved ferreting. A cold crisp frosty morning would see the bolting good style. Out of interest I noticed that if a wind was blowing at the warren they werent interested, did anyone else find this?
Never liked ferreting in any wind no matter which direction it was blowing, it makes it harder if not impossible to hear what's going on underground.

I've read numerous times about how rabbits bolt better on a frosty morning and to be honest I don't think a frosty morning is any better than any other dry morning [wind excepted], I've had lie ups on a frosty morning just the same as any other morning.