EA river call

Dose any one know the rate that the EA river call is charged at, i phone a week ago i was on the phone for 1 minute and 4 seconds.

The cost of this call was £1.84:eek:

What a rip off wont be ringing that again unless its from work.

B

bungle

Totaly agree mate,most anglers i know want ring at all for that reason.:mad:

T

Tom Rigby

yep it is a rip off, however, there are times when it provides an important service. Depends on how far you're travelling.

It is worth it for me if considering a trip to the Eden from the midlands for instance. I also use it to check river temp in summer.

wnion

DAZ

He was banned once mate.

He joined again from another IP address - the plick has been banned again!.:p

bluecharm

What a rip off wont be ringing that again unless its from work.
Kingfish, I can't even get a call in from work without being caught. Are you sure your employers can't tell you're using the company's account ? (Unless of course you're the boss, then it doesn't matter) :)

Almost any phone call that you'd rather not make, is always going to cost a ridiculous amount ............

BC.

Kingfish, I can't even get a call in from work without being caught. Are you sure your employers can't tell you're using the company's account ? (Unless of course you're the boss, then it doesn't matter) :)

Almost any phone call that you'd rather not make, is always going to cost a ridiculous amount ............

BC.
I tried ringing from work last week they must have a block on premium rate numbers:(.

So now my next brain wave will be to log on to the fish Tyne web site and check the river levels for the South Tyne and the Derwent also a tributary of the Tyne. These 2 rivers have there source pretty close to the Wear so should get a fair idea of whats going on.

highplains

If you intend to fish the River Clwyd call 01745 342304 to find out the condition of the river and its free. Number is in the membership book.

The service is on an answer phone and updated, by the member in who's home the phone is based, on a daily basis. The system is cheap to install and easy to maintain. It is designed for use by club members, but as we welcome visitors, who can obtain day tickets, it is handy for them to be able to use the service as well.

Why not have a word with a member of your club committee and see about installing your own system. I would be blowed if I would let the Environment Agency rip me off any more than they do at present with their lack of fisheries protection.

That's sounds a great idea there Highplains, i recon it is something a lot of clubs especially those with a lot of non local members should be considering.