Clwyd and Elwy

highplains

As you know, I am a man of few words and very shy. However I intend to put aside my shyness, forget my reluctance to speak out and against all my better instincts add the following post.

"Clwydman you are a star. WELL DONE!"

Well I feel better for that. The map is filling nicely and will be a major help in the future. I am sure we will find plenty of other uses for such a super system.

Thanks again to one and all.

Hghplains

clwydman

In fairness Highplains (and I hope you are feeling better after your little moment of emotion there!) the idea might have been mine but the technology is all Alec, thanks mate, amazing what can get done when you work together!

alecf

Very kind words mate, thank you, although it's really not neccessary I'm really glad I can help.
You're absolutely right though, it's all about working together. So often in my work I come across people in meetings who will really fight other peoples ideas and opinions, just because they don't like each other, think they know best or simply because they are selfish and want to get the recognition for their way of thinking. Whenever I run a project in work, I always make a point of having a meeting with the team at the start just to lay down the law - Forget any personal feelings, Listen to what others have to say, take time to think, help to explore another persons idea, then give your opinion, and if you can't do that your off the team.

And I tell you what, it may take a bit longer but it works everytime, and people wonder why I get all the big projects:rolleyes:. What's the old saying "there's no I in team" - wise words!

Wow, I really am going off on a tangent:eek: - Get Back to work Alec!!!

Alec:)

Last edited:

scrumbag

Alec,

Great stuff mate. Had a good gander at everything for the 1st time yesterday and it is starting to look really impressive. Also, everyone who has contributed data, excellent stuff as well. I think we need to have a 'drive' to get people to report what they see so we can collate and upload it.

Scrummy

alecf

Map Update - Version 1.7

- Added the Elwy Pont Y Ddol Beat

Please ensure you download the latest version before making updates.

Thanks,

clwydman

Map update version 1.8

Nobody spotted the fallen trees that were marked not even on DCAC waters:eek: sorted and added a bit more. Come on the rest of you, be brave we need info about the Ystrad, Wheeler and Elwy, non of which are my strong points!

alecf

Map update version 1.8

Nobody spotted the fallen trees that were marked not even on DCAC waters:eek:
I did:p - was wondering about that. What's the deal RE: making improvements on non DCAC waters:confused: Do we just need to get the approval of the land owners, or is it more complex than that?

Kalahari

I suspect we would need to get an individual agreement for access, so knowing both the riparian and land owner would be helpful. We are a bit overstretched work party wise as well.

David.