Clwyd and Elwy 2021

elwyman

Cracking fly and cracking fish, well done. Did you see many fish?
There's seem to be a lot of small fish coming in, 1lb and under, probably running up the Clwyd which still has some depth even at summer low.

elwyman

I'm yet to fish mine, will give it a go on my next outing. Are you using it on the dropper?
Yes dropper, which is where Steffan recommends. I had another smaller fish on a shop bought Daioni, so I've now bought a white cape and will tie some up.

Can't seem to source the blue dyed grizzle collar hackles used in the original tying, have used some plain blue schlappen.

luney

Quick session at dusk before the rain came. Caught a lovely 4.5lb grilse on a size 10 Cosseboom variant. Hooked fish about 20 minutes before dark from a streamy run.
Very quiet on the sea trout front, they seem to have run up river on the rise.

View attachment 93968
A nice Brucie bonus there, one thing that I have never done is catch a salmon while fishing for seatrout.
Paul

elwyman

A nice Brucie bonus there, one thing that I have never done is catch a salmon while fishing for seatrout.
Paul
I can think of 4 times I've had a lucky salmon at dusk. Every time it's been low water and fishing streamy water at the neck of a pool....the salmon obviously move into the shallow neck as the light fails, as the water is well oxygenated.

Lawrence85

Quick session at dusk before the rain came. Caught a lovely 4.5lb grilse on a size 10 Cosseboom variant. Hooked fish about 20 minutes before dark from a streamy run.
Very quiet on the sea trout front, they seem to have run up river on the rise.

View attachment 93968
What the bloody hell is that!!! ??? Haven't seem one of them for over 12 months, cracker well done mate great catch on light gear?

sewinfly

Well done a great fish (y) Very strong hook and reliable had salmon off the Coquet to 17Ib

V2 70' s not heard of them :giggle:;)

Sewinfly...............