Clwyd and Elwy 2021

elwyman

I'm looking forward to getting out and fishing when lockdown is relaxed, but I could walk to my local rivers when they open for trout on 3 March, as the Elwy is only a few hundred yards from my house.

I actually saw my first migratory fish of the year today. I was test casting a few shooting head lines on the Clwyd this morning when a bright silver fish swirled under the surface about 5 yards away. Bright silver, probably 5lb to 6lb at a very rough guess, probably a well mended kelt, but who knows. I think I probably lined the fish with a S1/S2 sinking head I was trying out.

Clwydfishing

I'm looking forward to getting out and fishing when lockdown is relaxed, but I could walk to my local rivers when they open for trout on 3 March, as the Elwy is only a few hundred yards from my house.

I actually saw my first migratory fish of the year today. I was test casting a few shooting head lines on the Clwyd this morning when a bright silver fish swirled under the surface about 5 yards away. Bright silver, probably 5lb to 6lb at a very rough guess, probably a well mended kelt, but who knows. I think I probably lined the fish with a S1/S2 sinking head I was trying out.

Hi! Yes also really looking forward to getting back on the river Bank. Unfortunately I missed the zoom chat with RAAA, kids! I joined in late June last year so didn't fish the fish the first four months. Are there still migratory fish still in the Clwyd and Elwy? Keen to get some knowledge on bagging some early season fish!

madcaster

I went over the Elwy yesterday it had a bit of water in it.
Couldnt be a kelt it would be licer straight off the tide 🤫 🤔

MC

elwyman

Hi! Yes also really looking forward to getting back on the river Bank. Unfortunately I missed the zoom chat with RAAA, kids! I joined in late June last year so didn't fish the fish the first four months. Are there still migratory fish still in the Clwyd and Elwy? Keen to get some knowledge on bagging some early season fish!
It's usually May before a few sea trout sneak up river, and normally June before a few are caught. There's some decent brown trout on both rivers.