Brilliant scissors...

ickypimp

there is a chain of discount cosmetic/toiletries retailers round here called "savers" they sell cuticle scissors, very fine very sharp scissors for a bout 69 pence they are cracking they also do cheapo sets of fake nails...

the smaller ones are excellent for wing cases on beetles etc, the bigger ones make a brilliant baby cuttlefish for swffing... the cosmetic sponges when torn up make the best bread flies for mullet and the pound a go nail varnishes arean obvious buy

ickypimp

there is a credit crunch on dont you know...

hows this then... i have a border terrier, i pull the hairs out of the top of hi head, they make excellent dubbing kinda like short seal fur

ickypimp

I has one till this time last year lost her to old age bless her... i had been known to snip a bit off here and there...

alls fair in love and fishing.. my little girls my little pony "went to jesus" the fake hair on it was the dogs for making pink and white clousers minnows... killer fort bass, been known to that the odd sea trout too

am i a bad man

probably :D

bluecharm

Confessional

Confessional

am i a bad man

probably :D
Ickypimp, Of course you're not bad. You're normal !

I suspect that everyone on this site who 'ties their own' has stories to tell.
I've nicked 'fluff' off a very expensive Persian rug owned by my parents without them knowing, snipped the dog several times whilst asleep, given my daughter's dolls a little haircut when they weren't looking, and (I can't believe I'm admitting this) was involved in the demise of a friends hen so as to acquire a particualrly splendid cape.

Am I a bad man too ? Probably.

BC.

S

silverinvicta

fluff

fluff

:D I give my cat a damn good brush, when I want a lovely blue grey underfur, wash it in a fine sieve, and its bloomin great for tiny nymphs and a good mixer.

Si....:D

PaulD

I use Dragon scales for all my shellbacked flies, Just peel em off the wife's back when she's asleep:D:D:D

redfox
I once read an article to my wife from one of the fishing magazines - it was about the female pheramone, its attractiveness to fish and the fact that the writer had harvested some hair from certain female 'parts' and was experimenting with flies tied with the same.

I could tell from the expression on my wife's face that this wasn't going to be an experiment that was going to benefit from my participation. :(

findus

Last season a good mate told me about getting hair from his lasses lady garden and he swore they turned ginger once they had been in the water.
He later found out that she had cut hair off the dog and dyed it when she was doing hers.
Whats with women?if a a bird asked me for some of my feathers i would gladly give them,no probs!
Findus :)
p.s Yes i am single and my face is still red and throbbing after i asked the lasses at work for their contributions.:eek:
Findus :)

crockski

A pretty good rod i know, told me to keep my flies wrapped up in a pair of the wifes used knickers, especially those worn during the wrong week....:eek::rolleyes:......he swore by it.....:)....
....keep meaning to try it, but.........uuurrrggggghhhhh........:D:D:D
Ian

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
A pretty good rod i know, told me to keep my flies wrapped up in a pair of the wifes used knickers, especially those worn during the wrong week....:eek::rolleyes:......he swore by it.....:)....
....keep meaning to try it, but.........uuurrrggggghhhhh........:D:D:D
Ian
Ian If your not to keen on the Wifes Knickers, then why not try someone elses wifes knickers, better still :D:D:D

redfox

W

watermole

Ian If your not to keen on the Wifes Knickers, then why not try someone elses wifes knickers, better still :D:D:D

redfox

..Too much information :eek: .........although I have heard rumours about some of the tactics you lads resort to.....;)