Bass Fishing Orlando Florida

clwydspecial

Can anyone help? :confused:
I'm off on holidaying in the Orlando area this September and I'm after (I hope) a bit of Bass fishing while the kids hit the rides. I have had a look around the various fishing sites on the internet and some of the prices quoted for a days fishing seem to be on the steep side especially with the exchange rate at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas or experiences on places to go for a decent days fishing and any tips too would be helpful.:rolleyes:

redfox

Can anyone help? :confused:
I'm off on holidaying in the Orlando area this September and I'm after (I hope) a bit of Bass fishing while the kids hit the rides. I have had a look around the various fishing sites on the internet and some of the prices quoted for a days fishing seem to be on the steep side especially with the exchange rate at the moment.

If anyone has any ideas or experiences on places to go for a decent days fishing and any tips too would be helpful.:rolleyes:
I thought about this before I set off 3 weeks ago, and came to the same conclusion "They are robbers" :( There is another option which may be of interest to you, PM sent.

Redfox

Ribblerod

actually the guides have very large expenses running big boats paying state licences, insurances plus large investment on gear etc., etc. Just remember you are there at peak holiday time and they have a living to earn and clients queing up, the best guides are booked a year or more in advance during peak periods. Don't judge these guides by British guide standards who generally offer very little by comparisom, only some advice and access to suitable venue perhaps.

clwydspecial

Hi Ribblerod,
Thanks for you reply and your comments are duly noted. I do (personally) realise that running a business is as you said very involved but I don't mind having to splash out the cash for a memorable days fishing.

My query was more about finding guides via personal recommendations than just trawling the net and hoping to land a good guide. I also wanted to pick peoples brains about how to go about catching these fish.

The resort I'm going to has a couple of small lakes that they stock with Bass and pan fish so any help......

Ribblerod

Great fun on the flyrod they love those poppers. Florida Largemouth tend to be bigger than those in the more northerly parts, some talk of Florida type being sub species but although no expert on the subject i feel it has more to do with climate. They are great fun on on spinning/ baitcasting gear buy what they have at K Mart don't take any with you.;)
Panfish are pants i feel unless they are part of your childhood, flustrating little things with mouths smaler than thier appitite as far as i am conserned:rolleyes: