At long last!

sewinfly

Quote Originally Posted by sewinfly View Post
Have been using Barrio Mallard flylines in wf 7&8 floaters for several years now and for sewin fishing they are great.
A nice pale cream colour, also use a 5 wt d/t for brown trout fishing.
Mikes a nice guy to talk to and I have asked him what he thinks about producing a 7&8 wt floater with a clear intermediate sink tip like the sewin caster.Food for thought there.
Did say it would probably go down well with the seatrout guys.

Sewinfly..........................
Yes Mike is a real nice guy. I also use a #5 DT Mallard for the brownies which I really like. Let's hope Mike takes it on board to come up with a #7 & #8 sink tip, I for one would purchase one from him...

Weatherman
Maybe not the clear sinktip that was hoped for but as you said all being well a great line.

Sewinfly.............

sewinfly

Had a few email exchanges with Mike and he did try to put together a clear sinktip but there were problems with the clear tip section.
Asked him about a Di 3 tip and if this one sells well he will produce the Di 3 sinktip.

Hi Spencer,

I've used our Mallard WF taper as it is perfect for this in my experience ( front taper & tip 10ft - belly 15ft - rear taper 8ft - running line 57ft ) and the sink tip section is 10ft, so basically the front taper & tip which helps with a smoother transition between the two densities.

Yes, I'll produce a Di 3 in the same profile, but I'd like to see a reasonable amount of orders for this one coming in first.

Best wishes

Mike*

So get your stocking filled boys with the line that he has just produced.

Sewinfly. ...........

Last edited:

speycaster

i have just got the slx floater in 7 ans 8 weight wow they are good might be tempted to get the sink tip but i allreadt have the sewincaster intermeidiete and 3 sink

Bluesnappa

My approach this season is:- I have just bought an SLX #7 from Mike and intend to use a 7’ clear floating coated leader and a 7’ clear intermediate leader as conditions dictate. The tippet and flies (2) will be connected to the leaders. So hopefully the one line will work in two ways which can easily be swapped with loop to loop connections.

Just realised how old this thread is....it’s like back to the future on here. Earth calling space ... Is there anyone out there?

Last edited:

Cumbrian Blue

my approach this season is:- i have just bought an slx #7 from mike and intend to use a 7’ clear floating coated leader and a 7’ clear intermediate leader as conditions dictate. The tippet and flies (2) will be connected to the leaders. So hopefully the one line will work in two ways which can easily be swapped with loop to loop connections.

Just realised how old this thread is....it’s like back to the future on here. Earth calling space ... Is there anyone out there?
oh yes, daleks

T7

I do fancy a new intermediate sink tip so may take a punt. I use the mallard floater which is a nice line