Afon Tywi

Aled

River had fallen a bit since yesterday however it's still carrying some colour at Llandeilo. Hope to get out over the weekend.
Tight Lines
Aled

bash

aprils quota

aprils quota

due to the hours spent working and fishing i think it will be easier to lump aprils visits into one.fished about an average of three times aweek ,managed one salmon kelt on the worm and one sewin on the fly at night of eight and a half(returned) these were caught second week of april ,fished yesterday evening and caught and returned a six pnd salmon on the worm(bar of silver,thought it was sewin till igot it in) .all were caught on xhands water.hopefully the may evenings will be a wee bit warmer than aprils.due to the rising cost of fuel i may have to sell the family,the dog and my soul if i want to keep this up,i am sure they will understand,after all it is the fishing season.all the best barry

kingfisher

Concerns about gravel extraction!

Concerns about gravel extraction!

For those of you who fish the LAL water on the River Towy you may be shocked to see the damage that has been caused by gravel extraction! The arial view posted on my blog clearly shows that 2 rivers have been created! This may have a catastrophic effect on our fishing on this lower beat! My concerns are shared by other members, one of which I understand has contacted the EA but has been very disappointed with their reaction!

Your comments would be appreciated!

See for yourself at www.seatroutfishing.blogspot.com

:eek:

Aled

Had a couple of hours on Sunday night, from dusk until well into darkness. Caught some small trout but sadly did not see any salmon or sewin. That was disappointing there should be one or two around now, and it was a nice night to be out.
Ah well. Tight Lines
Aled

moonshadow

Hi Folks

Fished Golden Grove last night, a lovely warm night, but did not see or hear a fish.

That algae is still present in the river. Do not know what effect if any this has on the fish.

Moonshadow

bash

fished halfway friday night till about one when the wind picked up:amount of fish caught 0,no surprises there then.fished again sunday night till 2:45am but the mist was a wee bit chilly,temp reading when i got back to the car was 4c,a bad case of one last cast syndrome ,fish caught 0!! back out tonight.

raptor

Whitemill

Whitemill

I fished at Whitemill last night there was some nice sewin showing but i had no joy. I shall give it another go tomorrow night and then let you now if i catch:)

TowyCatch

Are there many Sewin in the lower to mid stretches of the Towy yet? The catches seem to be slow off the mark this year I feel.....anyone thinking the same? :rolleyes:

Some fresh water may be the trick we need towards the end of the month.

Towycatch

T

Teifi-Terrorist

Daz and I went out for a bash last night around the middle reaches. Lovely water and we did see a couple of fish turn. However!! :eek: we had had a thunder storm to rival all thunder storms around midnight which soon stopped play! The rain was REALLY heavy, and would undoubtedly have risen the river somewhat - there was a river on the road as I was driving home.

Steff; "That storm's gettin a bit close mate, it's going to pee down any second, I'm off to the car"
Daz; "Nah, don't be such a lightweight"

30 seconds after Daz transforms into Linford Christie and is sprinting back to the car! :D

TT.

bash

fished the halfway till half ten seen a couple of flashes in the sky,which is enough for me ,managed to hurdle some sheep and a couple of fences in the dark which is no mean feat with chesties and all the gear on!!might try for the olympics after that display.

moonshadow

Hi Folks

Fished Golden G last night, wow what a lightning show.
Prior to the storm heard and saw some very big fish, along with some smaller ones. This algae is now a real nuisance and we need a good flush to clear it away.

What an experience walking back to the vehicle with the fields and river being lit up every couple of seconds.
Scary stuff carrying carbon rods.

Moonshadow

DAZ

He He!!!!!!

Quite a show wasn't it mate.:eek:

Anyone know if she came up much ?..It needs a bloody good flush badly.

DAZ.

plotter

i was out with raptar last night too. It was one hell of a storm, i just managed to get home before it bucketed down though. didnt really fancy being stood up to my b0ll0x in water waving a ten foot carbon rod around in fork lightning so i left the river in a hurry too.:D

muddlerman

:) hi guy
was also out lst night up on llangadog water, what a storm :eek: haha, i/we braved the storm, only lasted 20mins or so, one thing i did notice was the clarity of the water up there guys, and none of that shity alge up there, we did see sum fish movein, had a couple of takes ,nothing landed :(:(, left the river 3.30am ,water was stil clear then:)....muddlerman.....

silverone

seems all you guys had more fun than me last night then, for some stupid reason decided to tackle up in the house and put the rods in the pack of my mates pick up, i think you all know what is coming next! yeah you guessed it good buy my favourite 10'6'' hardy ultralite which ive only had 10yrs:mad:. think i would have prefered to have been struck by the lightning. Any way made it to the river with my spare rod and also got soaked and ruined a good pair of kegs! and no consilation fish either.

plotter

sorry to hear that mate, i take it you mean it was nicked, which is distusting. i rate the theft of fishing tackle up there with the theft of someones work tools, its the lowest of the low...

moonshadow

Hi Folks

Anyone any info on how the river is after that flash flood, has any of that algae been cleared?

How is the river is she clear etc.

Thanks

Moonshadow

raptor

looks ok

looks ok

I'm looking at the towy from the house the water still looks low and clear.The water we had from the storm has gone but i don't know about the algae, but i'm going to try the comf myself anyway.