Afon Tywi 2012

Aled

Hello All
For those of you who are members of Cymdeithas Pysgota Llandeilo Angling Association Cyf, please keep visiting our website during the season we plan to keep it updated.
OK days away from the big off, need to put fly lines back on reels ,and put tackle in an easily accessabble place, then ready to go.:cool:
Tight Lines All for 2012.
Aled

cortupblastit

Opening Day 1st April ! More like 1st June apart from more marked absence of fish. River low summer level, stones festooned with algae, blazing sunshine with happy courting pairs of goosanders about every three hundred yards, muckspreading by river fording tractors in full swing, severe temperature drop as sun goes down. Oh for a week of mild pouring rain to assist smolt migration, wash out algae, goosander nests and agricultural residues, and encourage fish to flee from the coracles etc etc !

Aled

First trip of the season last night to the club water at Llandeilo saw no fish other than trout and did not catch anything. No surprises there. However my new line casts beutifully, my new wading jacket which Santa Clause got me is lovely, and it was worth the effort to repair my waders rather than buy new, no leaks!!
Its raining steadliy now so we could in with a chance for some sport soon.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aled

Had a copule of hours fishing on Friday evening, had one take on dusk, which was probably a brownie. Sadly saw no fish other than trout move. Have however spoken to one angler who saw some fish last week. It would appear there's more rain on the way this week as well.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aled

Because i'm sorry to say i did not have the technical knowledge to open a new title with River Reports 2012, if i could i would of.....

REN

Hi all,

i went out for a walk on monday for a bit of casting practise with the 13 footer, and to check wading lines, etc. There was low,clear water and bright sunshine, so had a hell of a shock when i hooked into this.
20 minutes + later, and it was landed. a cracking sealiced sewin, weighing 15lb+.
A couple of photo's with the mobile and the fish was returned, and went back very strong.
A P.B. for me on fly.
I caught the fish on a size 8 silver stoat double.

Aled

Had a few hours this afternoon, caught only trout, but did get one probable sewin take. However there have been 2 sewin caught on Llandeilo water this week.
Tight Lines
Aled

Waddington

First a big well done to Ren for his outstanding fish :cool:.

I actually managed to get my act together and fished for a few hours this afternoon, with my brother, on the middle river. First time out, as you name it it's managed to crop up so far this month!

Absolutely blank I'm afraid. Not surprising as the weather was absolutely terrible, with the river obviously rising. Still I managed to establish that I have an enormous leak in one leg of my waders that I obviously thought would repair itself over the close season rather than just get bigger :rolleyes:. On the plus side my new jacket that the family got me for Christmas kept out the monsoon completely, which was great :D. At least I feel like I've made a start now!

Hopefully the weather will settle down a bit going into next week. I can't help think that all this water could well be very useful once we get into May, in terms of ensuring a decent flow for sometime.

Phil

sewinfly

Well done Ren, have been reluctant to post on this forum as malware keeps popping up and proceed at your own risk.Which I have done :confused:

So fingers crossed.

Catch up soon Ren

Sewinfly.....................