Afon Teifi

Waddington

I spent the afternoon today with my brother at Tan y Coed. Water was still very heavy but clearing. I did hear from another angler that the river was quite clear in the Lampeter area.

I managed a small schoolie which was returned hopefully none the worse for being caught. This was followed by a grilse, I guess about the 5 - 6lb mark. Unfortunately he came off quite quickly after giving me a real tussle in the fast current. On the way back I heard frantic shouts for a net from Pwll Dhu. It was my pleasure to net a really mint fresh salmon from the tail of the pool, for a very relieved angler who was not carrying a landing net. A nice end to the day and great to see a really solid fresh autumn fish. It certainly helped to spur me on for the last week of the season.

All the best.
Phil

BRYAN JONES

Salmon run

Salmon run

The Salmon have arrived in large numbers on the tregaron beets 9 fish were landed to ten pounds yesterday on one beet it is good to see them arrive at last most of the fish were fresh run bars of silver if any one requires any information on the tregaron waters contact teifij@aol.com

Last edited:

Waddington

Good to hear there are plenty of fish up Tregaron Teifij.:)

I managed to lose a very fresh grilse about the 5-6lb mark at Tan y Coed today. I was really annoyed with myself as on inspection both trebles on the plug were badly distorted. This really should not happen with a fish of this size. The trebles in question were unpacketed (allegedly kam's) that I purchased yesterday in a hurry. While they passed a casual inspection the hooks were obviously not up to the job. My own responsibility and I really should know better:mad:. I suppose the lesson is to check hooks very carefully and be careful where you source them from. I must say though with rapalas being approx £8 a throw is it really asking too much for decent hooks to be fitted by the manufacturers?:(

I did hear of a couple of other salmon lost on the beat today. I believe these made their escape without angler assistance.:eek:

The water appeared to be clearing quite rapidly today to me.

Phil

BRYAN JONES

Bad Hooks

Bad Hooks

I saw an angler on friday using a large repala with 3 trebles on it and all distorted, he landed 5 salmon and lost five salmon no doubt beause of the bad hooks but worse than that he knocked 4 of them on the head all hen fish what a waste. 3 were about 5-6lbs 1 was about 14lbs anglers like this should be baned Trgaron have a three fish per season limit bad hooks not as bad as people that plunder the river.