A Whopping Great Big Hello From Me

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

I must apologise to you all for in my giddiness to get going with stuff in the fly dressing section of the Forum I forgot the formal introduction. My name is Geoff Littler and I love fishing for trout, grayling, sea trout and salmon. I teach on the Lune just below Kirkby Lonsdale. I qualified with AAPGAI about 6 years ago. The thing about teaching is I have never yet given a lesson out and not learnt something new myself. I am incredibly lucky through fishing to have met some wonderful friends and this circle continues to expand. As anglers a lot of us have some quirks which is of course only human nature. I feel that the sense of community through fly fishing still reigns strong and binds us all together and long may this continue. I love to share information and if any if you want to know anything that I may have missed out from posts on the Forum then please just ask. I will of course be asking all of you about the flies you post and how you find they fish best. The old adage is of course that there is nothing new in fly dressing and nothing new in fly fishing. The thing is though there is so much in catching fish that few of us barely ever scratch the surface. Certainly not I. It is my pleasure to join the Forum and I thank you all for the warmth of the greeting expressed by all of you already 😊

Last edited:

SJF Simon

Say Hi to Glynn for Big, Loud Simon when you see him next, I haven't seen him for a couple of years with me in Wales and him oop North.
Of course I also am friends with Illtyd, if you've met him yet, we have had many, many late night arguments about almost evrything!

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

I am afraid Illtyd and I do not see eye to eye. We had a major disagreement over his conduct during an assessment. Following that disagreement I never spoke to him again. If he is your friend then I do not wish to cause you upset but best you know really ;)

SJF Simon

As I said - I have argued with him about everything, but I'm a very tollerant bloke. Glynn is an absolute sweetheart!