A Grayling day on a Kennet Carrier - Courtesy of ACW

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I will put up one of my sunday Kennet Carrier grayling days ,includes Lunch(a sirloin steak sandwich )probably some wee pink bugs .

Allways a good day out ,will walk and talk the beat with you ,have been a regular for the last seven years and started fishing the beat early 80s .

ACW

You are right, Rio.
£30 for a day's dangling pink things off the M4.
you can watch the fish take your wee pink bugs ,come on a october or november day and the dry works well to .the road running by is the A4!

Cicada

I wonder if that 12ft grayling rod is still for sale? Could be just what I need!

Thanks ACW. Looking forward to the day out.

Rio where did you go? I thought you would come in with another bid or two for this...

Cicada

Finally took my Kennet Carrier prize today; ACW was the perfect host. Sure enough wee pink bugs with a generous goldhead were the winning pattern. No large fish were contacted in today's murky water and it has to be said that the sirloin steak was bigger than the largest grayling of my half dozen.

There were one or two other Forum lurkers tossing nymphs with gay abandon. A good time was had by all.

Thank you ACW and thank you Rio for pulling out at £25!

ACW

Lurkers , there were bottom feeders of the FFF forum there !
I had a superb day ,despite having the tail end of man flu!
some one to drive me home ,sheer bliss !
Good company ,it really is so rare that any one I would not want back comes on these days !
Still room on 28th december and the 2 january dates ,NYD is a no (work ballcocks )

Lurkers , there were bottom feeders of the FFF forum there !
I had a superb day ,despite having the tail end of man flu!
some one to drive me home ,sheer bliss !
Good company ,it really is so rare that any one I would not want back comes on these days !
Still room on 28th december and the 2 january dates ,NYD is a no (work ballcocks )
Bugger, does his mean I can't come on the 28th then?:D

If you get the chance, and you like convivial times, and even occasional angling then you really must try to visit "Andy's Kennet Bar'n'Grill".

ACW

Simon ,
I d be upset if you did'nt turn up ,which tackle tarty thing will you enchant me with this time !