A framed selection of flies - Courtesy of Redfox

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
A stunning prize.

A framed selection of flies tied by Redfox, patterns to be decided by the winner.

The prize will not be completed until the end of the season, due to the complexity of the project.

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
how many flies are we roughly talking about?
The No of flies framed will be dependent on the size and patterns chosen by the winner of the lot, I intend to tie up the flys and mount them in a frame that is approx 270mm x 350mm (inside frame dimention), so basically it will be about 12, but if very large flies are chosen then this figure will not look right, the flies need to be spaced and mounted so as each has its own area and they are not clumped together, this also leaves room for any text (optional) that may be required.

Hope this helped.

redfox

Tigermoth

Can I just say... anyone who wins this prize will be in for a treat, a real treat. I have a framed set of RF's flies on my study wall - bought on last years CFF Auction. WHat struck me, apart from the magisterial quality of the tying was the soul that at the centre of RF's work. Something unique, personal and... just a little bit marvellous:eek:
Best
Dave

LuckyLuke

The No of flies framed will be dependent on the size and patterns chosen by the winner of the lot, I intend to tie up the flys and mount them in a frame that is approx 270mm x 350mm (inside frame dimention), so basically it will be about 12, but if very large flies are chosen then this figure will not look right, the flies need to be spaced and mounted so as each has its own area and they are not clumped together, this also leaves room for any text (optional) that may be required.

Hope this helped.

redfox
thanks redfox for the heads up :D:D

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
The winning bidder is Brian Yates with £45.00

brianyates

Looking forward to putting them on the wall in the office in our new house. I have spot picked out above my computer desk ;).
Hoppy, please let me know how you want payment, I also said i would cover postage to the US so please add to total. Tight lines,brian

redfox

The Framed set of flies that I have made for the auction has been compleated and is all ready for despatch, but I am having trouble getting in touch with Brian Yates (winner and new owner) for his address in the USA, I have sent a couple of PM's over the past week or two but to no avail (Maybe he's out guiding, dont know);) if anyone out there can help out with his address, or other means of contact it would be much appretiated, as Im sure Brian would like this masterpiece in his possesion ASAP :rolleyes::D

Thanks

Redfox

brianyates

Hi Redfox, I have sent you a pm. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but i have been busy as it is Steelhead time on the lower Deschutes.

crockski

Hope you've taken a few photos of em RF, am sure we'd all like to see em mate.......:cool::cool:.....only after Brians received em of course, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise....;):D:D.....
Ian....

redfox

Hope you've taken a few photos of em RF, am sure we'd all like to see em mate.......:cool::cool:.....only after Brians received em of course, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise....;):D:D.....
Ian....
You dont need photos to see what they are like, there nowt special, just go into John Norris in Penrith and have a look at the hordes of flys in there, all I did was bag my self a wodge and stick em in a frame :D:D:D

Redfox