A few small browns

graylinghunter!

Explored a brook yesterday I had a dozen of these wild browns....Just a minature eden and fishing to match..
a very contented graylinghunter...I will explore another venu in the morning just a recon as I wil lhave the kids with me and packed lunch.

A Few of these yesterday all on the 2wt fly rod. All wild.

The last one is a clonker at 43cm..imagine what it will be like after its gorged on mayfly..
Just stunning wild brook fish..

Last edited:

haptonlad

A good days fishing, the lightest weight rod ive used is a 5wt, i bet you get a good bend in a 2wt rod when you hook a an half decent fish mate.
Thanks for sharing GH.

graylinghunter!

Its a lot more fun and practical fishing the conopy areas of the brook... Just more difficult to cast in wind and requires lighter flies... not enough grunt fot two tungsten bugs but a whole new pleasure boat for sure...

graylinghunter!

I have found a few of these small streams running through the industrial north that have recovered from severe pollution over the years. They wouldn't take angling pressure so I will keep under wraps but they are a Joy on a warm day with the light rod. As an old friend said to me many years ago in relation to pleasure had.. same soup different dish... If I am out with the kids I have started to do recon work..looking at these streams some running secluded parts through busy towns often overlooked..many feed the industrial canal systems...quality urban trout fishing is to be had, some free some for a couple of £ coarse fishing rates...I tell you I have seen chub that are in the 3-5lbs range on brooks no wider than a living room rug.....so if the chub are growing that big I am sure a few leviathan trout will lurk...
Looking forward to the sea trout now although I have a little boat fishing booked in the next fortnight...

Last edited:
S

silverinvicta

Looks great fun Phil, i used to love fishing the small Shropshire rivers, especially the Ardlene brook... Had some surprising catches from that one :D

Si.....

graylinghunter!

Its really good fun and to be fair it helped remind me of how spooky brook fish are, I am sure I spook as many on the big rivers at times but never notice them darting off.