A Cumbrian slant on Trout with Almonds

crockski

This is lovely served with lots of warm French bread and a well dressed green salad. Make the salad before cooking the Trout. Warm the bread in a fairly hot oven for about 3 minutes before serving.

Ingredients (serves 4)

4 cleaned Trout, heads removed if preferred.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2tbsp butter or margarine.
2tbsp toasted flaked (slivered) almonds.
A dash of lemon juice.
1tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
6 slices Billy Bear meat. (if none available, substitute with Dinosaur/Bob the Builder meat)

1 - Slash the Trout in several places on each side with a sharp knife then season with salt and pepper.
2 - Heat the butter or margarine in a large frying pan or skillet, then add the fish and fry (saute) for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Cover Trout with Billy Bear meat slices then sprinkle with the almond and lemon juice to taste.
3 - Transfer to warm plates with a fish slice and spoon the juices over. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

.....MMMMMMMM.....:D:D:D.......

bluecharm

Have Michelin star !

Have Michelin star !

Crockski,

My kids are now past the 'Billy Bear meat stage', so I found your picture quite educational :D;) Although God only knows from where the brown nose is recovered :eek:
However, I think I draw the line at including Bob the Builder's meat with my fish (my next door neighbour is called Bob, and guess what he does for a living ?) :D I just don't think I could swallow it :eek:

Maybe, I'll try the dinosaur version some time.

BC. :)

crockski

....:D:D:D:D.....Couldn't resist mate, i might even try it myself one day, if i ever catch a friggin fish.....;):p:D

Crockski,

My kids are now past the 'Billy Bear meat stage', so I found your picture quite educational :D;) Although God only knows from where the brown nose is recovered :eek:

BC. :)
Nobodys past that stage BC.....:D:D:D......and rest assured mate, the Brown bits are made from prime cuts......for sure for sure.....:cool::D:D.....

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
Sounds very nice that Fella, Just one problem with it though, its to posh for Cumbria, get rid of the trout, and the rest of the Gubbins, just serve the Billy Bear up with Smash spuds and a dollop of cheese sauce on top, and a tin of peas to give it a touch of colour, the perfect meal, no need to complicate things :D:D:D

Redfox