A Bespoke Fishing Beat map - Courtesty of Oscar

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I am prepard myself to offer a beat map, created (digitally) by myself, of a single beat of the winning bidders choice. Essentially showing vegetation, pools and fish lies in high and normal water.

The specific style will obviously be up to the winning bidder, but will be similar to the style of that below. Not particularly complex, but when reduced and laminated, provides a useful tool, especially for a first time visitor to the beat. As I'm sure you're all aware, the standard of some of the ones obtained when on a day ticket are 'challenging' to say the least!

Here's an example...

Oscar

Oscar

Basically, I can digitise any beat you wish, provided I have an existing (maybe dog-eared/scrumpled/out of date) beat map to work from.

I will take what is existing, scan or copy it, colour it up, add fish lies (if desired and known!) add text and any other graphics the buyer wants, and then laminate it and provide to the buyer at the desired size.

I will also provide (as part of the prize) a PDF of the map, so it can be reproduced as many times as is desired. This would obviously be very useful if it were of a club water where visitors buy day tickets and need some initial guidance....a situation I'm sure we've all found ourselves in.

The example I have given is for the River Erriff in Ireland, where I fished for 8 years. I eventually decided after 2 or 3 years of using a smudged, bent, folded, oversize set of maps that I could do better myself, hence the maps were created........they have also proved very popular with the friends I fished the river with. The occasional incessant rain helped in the decision for laminating!!

Hopefully this clarifies things. If not, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oscar

Oscar,

can the winner receive the map as an editable file, or just a framed copy?

ie...add in the lies as they are found, and add further notes.

£30 anyway!! But I would like to know.

W&S

Oscar

W&S

You can receive the file in whatever format you have the capability to handle....Word/Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator/Corel/Autoslag(CAD!)...

As long as the winner lets me know before I start creating it!!

Oscar