31lb salmon from the royalty

paulgreenacre

Banned
here's the video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTuOjRnLZQ

Just smashed the 30lb mark with a stunning 31lb cock fish caught on weds 19.6.13 at 12.35 on a tail leading into the "Railway pool" on the Royalty. Verified by Nigel at Davies Tackle.

He took a blue dotted mepps 5 with a silver blade - up-streaming on the curve.

Got the take, fight, landing, unhooking weighing, photos and under water-release on video.

Here are a couple of pics - estimated 43 inches long and a 18 inch girth

Barbless hooks and 30lb line all the way through gave me control, played in within 4 mins.

John Dennis insisted on weighing and pics - fish was only out for 30 secs. Recovered within 8 mins

The funny thing about this story is that I haven't fished the Royalty for 6 years - I turn up with (Bobby Windsor " The Mars Bar Kid") for half a day and catch their biggest salmon in 10 years!

Managed 5 brownies to 7lb's and 3 pike. Spent most my time filming wildlife and chatting to the barbel rods.

Jason and John Dennis allowed me to film the history in the little salmon museum in the "rod house" by the bridge.

Tight lines

Paul

tote

What a cracking fish Paul.:)

Bit confused with the weight of it, it was weighed in the net at 13kg [approx 28.5lb] yet
your saying you've smashed the 30lb mark and that it weighs 31lb.:confused:

paulgreenacre

Banned
hi tote,

the game keeper read 13 1/2 killo's thinking the scale jumped from 13 - 14, however my weigh net jumps in 2 killo measures ( ie 13-15) - so it was 14 killo's or 31lbs

hope that clarifies